In October 2016 Pitt launched a new university-wide project to develop an electronic research management solution - the PERISTM portal.
The goals for the PERISTM portal are to:
- Reduce administrative burden for faculty
- Increase efficiency
- Enhance transparency to researchers and administrators
- Integrate the University’s research operations
- Create a user-friendly system
- Promote sustainability through electronic processes
The PERISTM portal also addresses two of the goals for the 2016 Plan for Pitt.
- Facilitating research of impact
- Building foundational strength